Do you and your friends love to gamble? If so, this blog post is for you!
Here are 65+ funny bets to make with friends any time and any place.
Whether it’s at a casino, in a board game, or even just betting on who can hold their breath the longest – there’s something for everyone!
So get ready to have some laughs and some fun – it’s time to take advantage of these funny bets!
- Funny Bets To Make With Friends
- Bets To Make When You’re Bored
- Good Bets To Make When Feeling Competitive
- Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Daring
- Interesting Bets To Make With Friends At a Party
- Amazing Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Lucky
- Bets To Make When You’re With a Group
- Some Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Flush
- Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Creative
- Funny Bets To Make With Friends At a Bar
- Enjoyable Bets To Make With Friends At a Restaurant
- Acceptable Bets To Make At a Movie Theatre
- Bets To Make With Friends At a Park
- Cool Bets To Make With Friends At a Beach
- Bets To Make With Friends While Travelling
- Silly Bets To Make With Friends
- Hard Bets To Do With Friends
- Rules Of a Bet Between Friends
- How To Win Bets With Friends
- Types Of Bets To Make With Friends
- Rewards For Winning a Bet With Your Friend
Funny Bets To Make With Friends
There are few things better than spending time with friends, and what’s better than passing the time together laughing?
We’ve put together a list of funny bets you can make with your buddies anytime, and anywhere!
From silly to embarrassing, these bets will have you all laughing hysterically.
So get ready to have some fun… and also watch your wallet!
Bets To Make When You’re Bored
Who doesn’t get bored? Whether you are bored at home, in the car, at school, or at work.
Chances are that boredom will not only be a common occurrence, but it will also be a frequent one.
There’s nothing wrong with being bored from time to time; but as long as you learn to find fun things to do.
If you are bored, have a fun time with your friends by making bets as a way to kill time.
1. Who can hold their breath the longest?
If you have a friend who likes to play games, it is fun to bet on who can hold their breath the longest.
They will be sure to get bored when you can’t think of anything else to bet on.
If they lose, they have to do whatever you say. If they win, they can be your slave for a little while.
2. How many push-ups can you do in a minute?
Another way to kill time is to see who can do the most push-ups in one minute.
It is a fun and easy way to pass the time.
You can play this game for as long as you like.
If you are in a hurry, you can bet on how many push-ups your friends can do in 30 seconds.
3. How many sit-ups can you do in a minute?
This is another fun and easy way to kill time.
Play a game of seeing who can do the most sit-ups in one minute.
The person who gets up first can be your slave for as long as you want.
4. Who can jump the highest?
Whoever has the highest jump will get to be the master and be able to order around his friends and family.
This is a great exercise because you need to use your core muscles and your body will thank you later.
5. Who can touch their toes most time without taking a break?
This can also be a great activity if you have a friend over.
Both of you will be able to see who can touch their toes the most without taking a break.
6. How long can you stand on one leg without wobbling?
Whoever can stand on one leg the longest is the winner!
Try it right now. You will be amazed at how long you can hold it!
I would recommend doing this at night. It will help you sleep better.
Read this fun post: 21 Bets To Make With Your Boyfriend [Fun Punishment]
Good Bets To Make When Feeling Competitive
7. Who can eat the most in one sitting?
It’s a classic and it works. You could do this for a whole meal, or just a snack.
If you’re eating with others, tell them to count the times they use their hands to serve themselves food.
When they get up, whoever eats the most wins.
You can even ask your friends to time you while you are eating so you know who is fastest.
8. How long can you go without using your phone/laptop?
Some people have a tough time when their phones are on them all the time.
You might want to go an entire day without your device.
This might seem impossible, but if you set some rules for yourself, you can succeed.
For instance, no checking social media, no gaming, no text messaging, no internet surfing, no emails, or anything like that.
Just keep your phone off and see how you do!
9. Who can do the most squats in a minute?
If you are someone who sits at a desk all day, you might not be able to squat as much as others.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t work out though!
It will help you build up your strength and size.
The more squats you can do, the better. Try not to set a time limit, just challenge yourself to do the most in one minute.
10. Who can hold their breath the longest?
The rules of this game are simple.
There are two players and one person is chosen randomly to be the timer. The other player needs to try to beat the timer.
The first time that the timer loses, they lose 1 point. If they win, then the timer gets 2 points.
After each round, the winner is the person who holds their breath the longest.
There are many ways that you can make bets with your friends. One way is to bet money.
For example, if you think that you can hold your breath longer than another person, then you could give them $10 to see who wins.
11. How many push-ups can you do in a minute?
This is one of the best that you can have fun with your friends when you play.
But it’s very difficult, so you need to train your body and practice it a lot before you try to compete.
The first thing that you should do is to choose the best time.
If you want to be able to do 15 push-ups in 10 minutes, then it’s better to start practicing after 10 minutes.
Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Daring
12. Bet your friend that you can eat an entire jar of pickles in one sitting.
It is a challenge that you can enjoy together, but it’s very difficult to do.
You will have to find some help to keep the pickles from overflowing.
And it’s not easy to chew them without spilling.
Before starting this challenge, check out the video of the people who are doing this and get inspiration from them.
This bet is also a good opportunity to show your strength in front of your friends.
If you win, you get the money; but if you lose, you will need to eat that entire jar of pickles.
13. Have a competition to see who can eat the most candy in one day.
When eating candy, the goal is not necessarily to eat the entire amount of candies.
You can just enjoy the taste of the candy.
The goal of this competition is for both of you to see who can eat the most candies in a single day.
You can have a prize for the winner.
Or you can simply have fun. Whatever you want to do.
Interesting Bets To Make With Friends At a Party
14. The person with the most siblings has to pay for everyone’s meal.
When you are having a party, you can make a bet that you want to bet on.
For instance, you can bet that the person with the most siblings will have to pay for everyone’s meal.
The winner will be the one with the most siblings.
This would mean that the person with the most siblings has to pay for everyone’s meal.
If this is what you want to do, you should consider having a game of chance as well.
15. The shortest person has to buy everyone a shot.
If you are having a party and you are going to drink alcohol, you can make a bet that the person who is the shortest will have to buy everyone a shot.
This way, whoever is the shortest will have to buy everyone a shot.
You can have a round of beer pong as well.
The round will go on until the person who is the shortest can’t continue.
16. Whoever can do the best impersonation of a celebrity will get two bottles of beer.
The person will be able to choose any celebrity they want.
They will then have to stand in front of everyone and act like the celebrity they chose.
They will have to act like the person they chose, even if they don’t know who it is.
It’s best if you pick someone well-known so that people will recognize them right away.
17. Whoever can name the most countries in one minute won’t pay for his/her meal.
The round will begin with the host calling out names of countries.
The first person to name all the countries wins.
If you can’t name all of them before time runs out, you will have to pay for your meal.
18. Whoever can name the most movie quotes in one minute will get free drinks.
Each person will then have 1 minute to think of as many quotes as possible from a specific movie.
The person with the most quotes at the end wins.
If you are unable to name all of them within the allotted time, you will have to pay for your drink.
19. Whoever can name the most songs in one minute has to dance straight for 30 mins.
You don’t have to sing the song, just have to be able to name it.
If you mess up on the song you have to do push-ups.
The person who gets through the 30 minutes without messing up is the winner.
Related article: How To Throw Euphoria-Themed Party?
Amazing Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Lucky
20. The classic coin toss
This is probably the most well-known bet to make when you’re feeling lucky.
It’s simple, quick, and easy to do, which makes it a great option when you’re short on time.
All you need is a coin and someone to flip it for you.
The person who guesses correctly wins the bet.
21. Rolling the dice
Another popular bet that is similar to the coin toss, except this time you’ll be using dice instead of a coin.
Again, the person who can correctly guess the outcome wins the bet.
22. Rock, paper, scissors
A classic game that can be turned into a bet quite easily.
Simply agree on an amount of money with your friend before starting the game and whoever wins gets the cash prize!
23. Card games
There are endless possibilities when it comes to betting on card games.
Whether it’s poker, blackjack, or even snap, there’s sure to be a game that you both enjoy and can use to make some money.
24. Sports bets
If you’re feeling lucky and have some knowledge about sports, then why not try your hand at making some sports bets?
You could bet on anything from the winner of a match to how many goals will be scored in total.
Just make sure you do your research first so that you stand as good a chance as possible of winning!
Bets To Make When You’re With a Group
25. Who can drink a cup of water the fastest?
This one is for the more athletic members of the group.
Can you beat your friends at drinking a cup of water as fast as possible?
Why not get a bucket of water and pour it into each of their mouths as fast as possible?
The person who finishes drinking the fastest will win a prize!
26. Place a bet on your favorite team to win the big game.
Get together with your friends and place a bet on your favorite team to win the big game.
Whoever makes the most money by the end of the big game gets a prize.
If they win then everyone wins too, but if they lose you will have to pay!
27. Have a competition with friends to see who can eat the most doughnuts in one sitting.
Buy a dozen doughnuts and set up the table in the living room.
Have a countdown timer ready so that when you are finished you can go and count how many doughnuts you ate.
The winner will get a prize.
Read this next: 24 Fun Bets To Make With Your Crush[ Amazing Bets Ideas]
Some Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Flush
28. Play a friendly game of poker with friends and put up some money as a prize for the winner.
If you are the one to win the money then you get to be the new poker champion.
But, if you lose the money you’ll have to buy your friends a round of drinks.
Whoever is dealt the best hand gets the prize.
If you are lucky enough to be dealt two of the same card you can split the pot between you!
29. See how long you can go without spending any money – the person who lasts the longest wins!
If you want to play it safe just make sure that no money is spent at all.
You could set up an account with your bank and transfer some of your funds over to their account.
If you haven’t spent anything then it will count toward your winning streak.
Bets To Make When You’re Feeling Creative
30. The world’s best paper airplane bet
Find a friend who is willing to bet on who can make the best paper airplane.
The loser has to buy the winner lunch or dinner.
31. The office chair race bet
This one is simple – whoever can race around the office the fastest in an office chair wins. The loser buys the winner lunch or coffee.
32. The TV remote control bet
First, find a friend who is willing to bet on who can find the TV remote control the fastest.
Second, have a pre-determined location for the remote (e.g., under the couch cushions).
Third, start a timer and see who can find it first!
The loser buys the winner a drink of their choice.
33. The movie quote bet
Have your friends write down their favorite movie quotes on slips of paper.
Then, put all the slips of paper into a hat and mix them up well.
Take turns pulling out a slip of paper and trying to guess which movie the quote is from.
Whoever gets stumped pays for popcorn at the next movie night!
Funny Bets To Make With Friends At a Bar
34. 50/50 shot glass bet
You and your friend take turns flipping a coin.
If it comes up heads, you win the bet and get to keep the shotglass.
If it comes up tails, your friend wins the bet and gets to keep the shotglass.
35. Balloon race
You and your friend each blow up a balloon and then let them go at the same time. Whoever’s balloon goes furthest wins the bet.
36. Balance an object on your head
This one is pretty self-explanatory.
See who can balance an object on their head for the longest amount of time without it falling off.
37. Blindfolded taste test
Prepare some food or drinks ahead of time and then blindfold your friend (or have them blindfold you).
See if they can guess what they’re tasting correctly.
38. Body shots
Take turns lying down on a flat surface while the other person tries to bounce a quarter off of your stomach into a shot glass placed at your feet.
Whoever makes the most shots in a minute wins the bet.
39. Chopsticks Challenge
See how long it takes you and your friend to transfer 10 pieces of candy from one bowl to another using only chopsticks.
40. Egg balancing
See how long you can balance an egg on its end without it breaking.
In this game, the object is to see who can stack as many eggs on an end as possible.
The person who does it first has to count to three.
They have five seconds to complete the task.
Once they are done, the next person starts counting.
If the last person can stack the eggs faster than the person before them, then they win.
How low can you go? limbo under a bar without touching it or falling over?
A game like Limbo is fun to play.
It is a challenge because you are not supposed to touch the bar and you need to stay down while you are under the bar.
A game like Limbo involves physical skills and coordination.
42. Makeup Challenge
Put makeup on each other blindfolded and see who does the better job.
You can have a third friend as a judge who tells you about the result.
This can be a fun challenging game and can be good for girl gangs.
43. Memory game
Memorize objects in a room and then see if you can remember them all after leaving for 1 minute.
Ask your friend to make a list of things he/she saw in your room.
Challenge him/her that he/she will not be able to memorize things correctly.
44. Bet your friend to name that tune
You can play this game anywhere; you just need to get close enough to another person to make your voice heard.
It is easier to play this game with someone you know.
For example, if you know a friend who likes music, you can try this game together.
You can hum or sing part of the song, and your friend can try to guess what song it is.
45. Ping pong ball shuffle
Shuffle 10 ping pong balls across the table into 4 cups, then pick one up and place it back on the table in the middle.
After that, take one of the 4 cups and shake it.
If you see one of the ping pong balls drop out of the cup, you win a point.
If it doesn’t drop out, you lose a point. Continue playing until you reach 10 points.
Also, read: 15 Fun Girls’ Night Games
Enjoyable Bets To Make With Friends At a Restaurant
46. The last person to finish their drink has to buy a round of shots for the group.
In every group, there is always a slow poke.
That is why we have this challenge.
Challenge your group to finish the drinks and the one who finishes the drink last.
The last person to finish their drink has to buy the next round of shots for the group.
This challenge is easy and fun, but it can be very exciting.
47. The person with the lowest battery percentage on their phone has to pick up the tab.
This challenge works for everyone.
Everyone should get along when playing this game.
The person with the lowest battery percentage on their phone has to pay for everyone’s food.
You will all need to play this challenge to make sure that everyone gets along.
When you are playing the game, remember that people have different cell phones.
48. Whoever gets the most likes on their Instagram post has to pay for gas on the way home.
While sitting together, you will need to play this game and see which one of you gets the most likes.
The one who gets the most number of likes has to pay for gas on the way home.
49. The first person to say “I’m bored” or “This is boring” has to buy everyone ice cream sundaes.
The one who says “I am bored” or “This is boring” is the loser.
They have to buy everyone ice cream sundaes.
They have to spend money to make other people happy.
They have to play this game and watch how you spend your money.
Acceptable Bets To Make At a Movie Theatre
50. Bet your friend $5 that they can’t last the entire movie without going to the bathroom.
Challenge them to watch the entire movie while sitting on the toilet.
You will have to pay $5 for the seat if they decide to leave before the movie is over.
That’s a tough bet. It’s too easy to go to the bathroom when you are bored.
Even though this bet seems easy, it’s not very fair. For once, you’ll surely be bored during the movie.
51. Bet your friend $20 that they won’t be able to stay awake for the entire movie.
If the movie is boring your friend will lose the bet.
Your friend can probably stay awake for the whole movie, but the chances are that he will fall asleep before the movie ends.
Most people lose their sleep after watching a movie.
52. Bet your friend $10 that they can’t eat an entire large popcorn during the movie.
Eating an entire large popcorn during a movie is a lot harder than it sounds.
This bet is very unfair. It doesn’t matter how much popcorn you eat, it’s just impossible.
You can bet your friend to do this for the sake of fun.
53. Bet your friend $50 that they can’t correctly guess the ending of the movie.
I guess the ending of the movie can be interesting.
This can be a very challenging game.
You can bet your friend to guess the ending of a movie.
It can be difficult to predict whether the person will be able to guess the ending or not.
If the answer is wrong you can win $50 just by watching a movie.
Bets To Make With Friends At a Park
54. Whoever loses a race has to buy the other person ice cream.
Bet your friend to race.
Whoever wins will have to buy ice cream for the loser.
You should use a timer to see who wins.
55. The first person to spot a dog gets to choose the next activity.
When in the park you will find many stray dogs.
The first person to spot a dog gets to choose the next activity.
The second person to spot a dog gets to pick what the first person did.
So, if the first person spotted a dog, the second person would pick the next activity, and so on.
56. See how long you can go without blinking – whoever blinks first owes the other person a soda.
Played an eye-blinking game before?
The next time you go out with friends, see how long you can go without blinking.
Whoever blinks first has to pay for a soda.
The first person who blinks has to tell the other person what they are paying for.
Cool Bets To Make With Friends At a Beach
57. How many sandcastles can you build in one hour?
Have a competition with your group of friends about building sandcastles on the beach.
You can bet money on it. You will need some people to make bets with.
You can also do it during a family picnic.
If you are in a group of friends, you can have a contest to see which team can build the tallest sandcastle.
The last person with the least sandcastle has to buy food for everyone.
58. Who can run to the water and back the fastest?
Challenge your friend to run towards the water and back.
You should make sure that he/she is wearing a watch that can tell the time.
Then, when you both start running, you will have to see who can get to the water first.
The person who gets there first will win.
59. How long can you stay in the sun without sunscreen?
Do this challenge in the summertime.
Find someone stronger than you and challenge him/her to a race.
You should measure how long the two of you can stay in the sun before you both get burned.
The one who stays the longest without sunscreen wins.
60. How many people can you high-five on the beach in one day?
Bet your friend that you can high-five the most people on the beach in one day.
The bet is that whoever does it will be the winner. There will be no judging the time.
You should also consider who will be doing the high-fiving.
If you’re with a group of friends, you should consider whether you want to do it alone or with a group.
61. Who can collect the most shells/seashells?
Collecting shells is fun.
You can challenge your friends to a race where everyone collects the most shells.
To win, you should keep track of the number of shells that you collect.
It is a good idea to make a list of your shells so that you can check them off when you are finished.
62. Who can make a sandcastle that stands up the longest before it falls over?
If you are in a group challenge your friend to a race where everyone has to make a sandcastle that stands up the longest before it falls over.
You can challenge your friends to make a sandcastle that stands up the longest.
You can compete against each other to see who makes the most interesting castle.
To win, you should be careful to make sure that your castle stays standing.
63. Have a sandcastle-building contest where each person has to build a castle using only their feet!
It’s difficult to create a sandcastle using only the feet.
You can bet your friend to make one of these sandcastles.
You can challenge each other to see who makes the best sandcastle.
You might have fun making this sandcastle.
This is because the whole process of creating it is really fun.
Bets To Make With Friends While Travelling
64. I bet you can’t make me laugh.
You can challenge your friend by saying, “I bet you can’t make me laugh.”
Your friend may not know what to do when you say this.
He or she may get embarrassed.
Try to be serious when you say this to your friend.
You should also be careful not to laugh at yourself.
When you challenge someone, you must be prepared to back up your claim. Don’t be a sore loser.
65. I bet you can’t eat that entire thing.
Challenge your friend to do something he or she is really bad at.
For example, if your friend likes to eat ice cream, you could challenge him or her to eat a whole ice cream cone.
This will be difficult for him or her.
If you are serious about the challenge, you should be prepared to offer money or something else of value if your friend fails.
66. I bet you can’t drink that whole bottle/can/cup.
Make a bet to drink a whole beer bottle, soda can, or cup of water.
This is hard, and most people will fail.
Your friend will probably fail after he or she has only sipped from the container.
Try it for yourself and you’ll see.
67. I bet you can’t walk on your hands for the length of this block.
Try this challenge out for yourself, and you’ll know how difficult it is.
You can’t move your hands and feet for a long time.
Many people can’t walk on their hands for a short period.
However, when it comes to walking on your hands for a long time, you might as well give up.
The only ones who can do it for a long time are professional circus acrobats.
68. I bet you won’t be able to go 24 hours without using social media (or some other vice).
It is impossible not to use social media and upload pictures while on travel.
Challenge your friend not to use social media for 24 hours.
Make sure you don’t get in trouble if he does not follow your rules.
If he does, you’ll lose the game. Make sure he doesn’t cheat.
You will win the challenge if he loses
69. I bet you a dollar (or any other currency) that in the next three days, we will meet someone who was born in a different country than us!
It is obvious that when you are on a trip you will find someone from another country.
Bet your friend that in the next three days, you will meet someone who was born in a different country than you were.
Tell him/her that you’re willing to bet $10 on the outcome of this challenge.
Silly Bets To Make With Friends
Silly bets are the essence of friendly wagers, focusing on fun and laughter.
- Impersonation Bets: Mimicking celebrities or friends can lead to hilarious results and memorable moments.
- Eating Challenges: Consuming weird food combinations or large quantities can be amusing and test one’s palate and stomach.
- Embarrassing Tasks: Performing silly dances or wearing funny outfits can be embarrassing but are sure to make everyone laugh.
Hard Bets To Do With Friends
Some bets are notoriously challenging but can be the most rewarding in terms of satisfaction and amusement.
- Endurance Challenges: Holding a plank position or standing on one leg can be much harder than it sounds, especially when competing with friends.
- Physical Tasks: Racing or completing a set number of push-ups can be tough but are great for adding a competitive edge to hangouts.
- Brain Teasers: Solving puzzles or remembering sequences can be tricky and are perfect for testing mental agility.
Rules Of a Bet Between Friends
When engaging in friendly wagers or bets with friends, it is crucial to establish some ground rules to maintain a friendly spirit and avoid any misunderstandings.
- Clear Terms: Clearly outline the conditions, stakes, and consequences to avoid disputes. Everyone involved should understand and agree to the terms before the bet starts.
- Friendly Nature: Keep the bets light-hearted and enjoyable. Avoid any bets that could lead to harm or strain relationships.
- Mutual Agreement: Ensure that everyone is on board willingly. A bet is only fun if everyone participates voluntarily.
- Prompt Settlement: Once the outcome is clear, the loser should promptly fulfill their end of the bargain, whether it’s performing a task or handing over the agreed reward.
How To Win Bets With Friends
Winning bets with friends is more about the thrill and the bragging rights than any substantial gains. Here’s how you can have the upper hand:
- Play to Your Strengths: Opt for bets that align with your skills and knowledge. Knowing your and your friend’s strengths and weaknesses can give you an advantage.
- Maintain Composure: Staying calm and collected can help you make rational decisions and perform better, especially in bets involving skill or knowledge.
- Practice Makes Perfect: If the bet involves a specific task or skill, practicing beforehand can significantly increase your chances of winning.
Types Of Bets To Make With Friends
Diversifying the types of bets can keep things exciting and accommodate everyone’s preferences.
- Physical Bets: Great for active groups, these bets can include races, sports challenges, or endurance tests.
- Creative Bets: Ideal for the imaginative, bets can involve drawing, crafting, or other artistic tasks.
- Guessing Bets: Perfect for testing intuition and knowledge, these bets can include predicting outcomes or identifying items blindfolded.
Rewards For Winning a Bet With Your Friend
The rewards for winning a friendly bet can be as amusing as the bet itself.
- Bragging Rights: Sometimes, just being able to tease your friend about your victory is reward enough.
- Favors: Having the loser do something for the winner, like a chore or buying lunch, can be satisfying.
- Small Monetary Rewards: A little cash can add excitement to the bet, but it’s important to keep the amount reasonable to maintain a friendly atmosphere.
A bet is a friendly wager made between two people typically involving money or some other valuable item.
Bets can be made anytime, day or night, and anywhere there are two willing participants.
All you need is an agreement on the terms of the bet and something of value to put up as collateral.
The following list contains some fun bets you can make with your friends the next time you’re hanging out together.
Choose one (or a few) that strikes your fancy and get ready to have some fun!
You may also like to read: